Sunday, November 27, 2011

There is More to Gratitude Than Meets the Eye

Dear Friends,

I am reposting this entry made in April 2009. This past Thursday was Thankgiving in America and today some of us are gathering to have our own Thanksgiving celebration, albeit a little belated. I always think of the things I am grateful for during this holiday and we had a tradition when my dad was still living of taking turns around the holiday table saying what we were grateful for: each other, our health, the food we shared, and so forth. But as you will read below I have come to think there is so much more to gratitude that saying thank you for all our many blessings. Believe me this is a part of it and I try to be conciously aware every moment of the day for the many blessings I receive and to immediately upon their arising, give thanks. But the picture is bigger, deeper, more powerful. For once we realize that all we are grateful, all that comes into our lives adds up to the immense abundance that is ours. And abundance begets abundance.

Love from Glocca Morra, Marsha



Saturday, April 11, 2009




Abundance Thinking - A Journal Entry



I meditate in the wee hours. I have done this for many years. It is very powerful to become consciously still during the quietest time of the early morning. Just before the birds begin their morning chant, I begin mine and it often takes me to a place of deep universal knowledge. I have journals filled with wisdom, guidance for my life. Last night was no exception.

April 5, 2009
4:30 a.m.

" I felt a shift last night. As I visited with a friend who I consider wealthy, abundant, I suddenly understood, recognized that I too am very abundant. I always knew that on some level, but this was a true, visceral understanding of how deeply abundant I am. I suddenly felt full and peaceful. Life is good, I thought. No, life is wonderful. I have so much to be grateful for; love of family and friends,deep love within my heart, gratitude for my home, my work. I felt immensely satisfied with my life, for all that it is and all that I am working towards.

This sudden realization caused me to pause. I noticed that I felt full, very full, satisfied that I am doing the rights things, making the right choices, living life fearlessly here and now. I felt abundant and within this abundance was a sense of peace, confidence, centeredness, openness and presence. "

I thought more about what is abundant about my life during my meditation. It was a recognition and simultaneous gratitude for all those present in my life, for love, both given and received, for health and well being, for the opportunities that arise, and so on. I easily filled two journal pages in recognition and gratitude of how full my life is and is becoming.

Abundance thinking is very important. Our thoughts create our reality. Knowing from our deepest place that we are abundant and then being grateful for this abundance helps us focus our thinking on all that is positive in our lives. It helps us put into perspective what is happening around us and helps to draw even more abundance to us.

I realized in this moment, this instant recognition and understanding of my own abundance, that gratitude is absolutely paramount, but it becomes even more powerful when we recognize first how abundant we are and then give gratitude for this abundance.

Know, truely know that you are abundant. Know that your life is meant to be abundant. It is the Divine way. Make your own list of all you recognize as abundant in your own life. Pray for continued abundance. Give thanks for all you have and all that is present in your life and then watch this abundance grow. It is like fertilizing a garden. the garden of your own life.

No comments: